This award is to honour individuals who have provided distinguished service to the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology (CAG) either by:
- their recognized excellence in research in the area of gastroenterology and related subjects, and thus have provided service, by achieving international recognition for the CAG in their field or
- provided exemplary service to the CAG. The Distinguished Service Award should be granted, from time to time, to individuals who reached at least the age of 50 and normally have been members of the Association for over 10 years. The Board of Directors will review and consider candidate(s) for this award on an annual basis.
2023 Award Recipient(s)
The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
The Gastrointestinal Diseases Research Unit, Kingston, ON
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON
If you think there is someone deserving, please send your recommendation in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors.
- All recommendations must be submitted no later than October 1st.
- Please note that any submissions received after the deadline will be considered for the following year.
|2017||Jan Irvine (posthumously)|
|2010||Grant Gall (posthumously)|
|2007||J. Joseph Connon|
|2002||Richard H. Hunt|
|2000||Alan B.R. Thomson|
|2000||C. Noel Williams|
|1996||Claude C. Roy|
|1995||Richard R. Gillies|
|1994||Louis J. Cole|
|1994||Edwin E. Daniel|
|1993||Joseph J. Sidorov|
|1992||Carl A. Goresky|
|1992||James A. Barrowman (posthumously)|
|1992||Ivan T. Beck|